Southern province silhouettes
The National Silhouettes of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. became official in August 1947 at the Los Angeles Conclave. In 1980, the Silhouettes were officially recognized as an auxilary to the Fraternity. Under the leadership of Dr. Oliver Gumbs, Grand Polemarch, the Silhouettes were granted a seat on the Board of Directors of the Kappa Alpha Psi Foundation. On September 11, 1987, Policy Statement No. 87-12 was entered into the records of the Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., recognizing the Silhouettes as an affiliate whose purpose is to provide support and assistance for the activities of the Fraternity at the Grand Chapter, Province and local levels.
The purposes of this organization are to:
1. Serve as an auxilary of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity.
2. Promote the organization of local Silhouette chapters and the interchange of ideas.
3. Coordinate activities of local Silhouette chapters.
4. Provide activities of visiting Silhouettes and their families during the Conclave.
5. Develop and disseminate policies and procedures for National, Province and local chapters.
The membership of this organization shall be the wives/widows of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The 72nd Southern Province Council is March 24-27, 2021 in Huntsville, Alabama. Contact Silhouette Brenda Beale, Southern Province Coordinator for your questions.